Sunday, September 17, 2006

Net Shopping Bag

I finally finished this bag!!! After starting it a while ago, I lost the size F hook I was using. I ended up moving onto other projects that used different sized hooks. Finally I went to a nearby knitting store, Knit-O-Matic, and picked up a size F hook. I treated myself and got one made out of bamboo. It's so increadibly light.


This was made from the Net Shopping Bag pattern in the Crochet Pattern-a-Day 2006 calendar. I've found that many of the patterns in this calendar are a bit wonky and I have to make some small adjustments on them to make them work out in a way that I like. With this one, the instructions for the handles were a bit odd but I adapted and they seemed to have worked out okay. I'll know for sure once I take this bag grocery shopping, with any luck my groceries won't end up all over the ground. There was also supposed to be a bag case crocheted into the bottom of the inside of the bag. I left that out.

Materials used:
Bernat Super Value worsted weight yarn in Honey

2 comments:

Emily RugBurn said...

T, that looks great! (And again, totally handy and useful.)

I hate when patterns don't explain things clearly or they have errors in them. Don't they employ testers before they publish them? SO annoying!

Slayermel said...

Neat, I would never have come up with the idea of making a shopping back. It seems very practical. I like patterns that you can make and then actually use. Like we where discussing the other day, it's hard sometimes to find good patterns for crochet because they all seem so out dated.